Montag, 15. Dezember 2014

General Electric postcards from Expo 70





I'm still in Expo mood (waiting for the Expo issue of the Modernist Magazine) and today, I stumbled upon these postcards from Expo 70 in Osaka I found years ago in Tokio. Taking a closer look today, it's strange to look at this celebration of atomic energy post-Fukushima. And indeed, the Tsuruga nuclear power plant depicted here, opened in the year of the Expo, had it's first accident only 4 years later, and it wasn't the last.

On a lighter note, here's the Expo 70 contribution of Bruno Spoerri's Metronome Quintet (reissued by Sonorama):

















1 Kommentar:

  1. Thanks for sharing! I am writing an article on the Expo and nuclear power. I would like your permission to use, with credit, the 3rd photo (of the pavilion and reactor). If so, please email me: n.hopson ||at|| lit.nagoya-u.ac.jp

    AntwortenLöschen